Question about marketplace

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by computergeek, Jan 27, 2008.

1. computergeek macrumors member

I was just wondering how the marketplace work i mean how do u send the money and know u are going to get an item in return? I mean couldn't they just not send the item i worried about this or else i would buy a mac from there

thanks
    Computergeek

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The honors system, basically. Although, most prefer to use Paypal to provide some layer of protection.

At MacRumors, the Marketplace is heavily moderated, with a 100-post limit in place to create a thread. Also, there is a exhaustive list of Marketplace Rules. These measures are in place to protect both the buyer and seller, and provide a good experience for both.

Of course, that's not to say there haven't been problems before, and all transactions are made at your own risk.

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yep, it's all trust I'm afraid.

The sheer fact that you made this thread would lead me to advise you maybe not to use the market place. Of course I mean no disrespect to you, and I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I am in the middle of a transaction and might have been given a false tracking might have to see if i can stop my package before it arrives....