Question about MB Warranty and Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WannaApple?, Jan 19, 2010.

1. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I had my MB into the genius bar about a week before Christmas for a battery problem. My battery icon was switching from an X to not charging, to charging and calculating. The genius could see the problem, put a new battery in, set up a case in the computer for my problem and I was on my way, happy as can be.

My warranty expired on Christmas day!

Now, as of January 18th, my battery icon has started to do the same thing again. Switching between the X, not charging, etc.

My question is....since a case was opened for this exact problem before my warranty expired, do I have any recourse to take it back and have them relook at the problem since it started reocurring again? Or am I now SOL because I am out of warranty? No AppleCare by the way. Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd just call and ask them. I personally have had better luck with phone support than with a Genius, but others have had the opposite experience. Either way if you get what you want on the phone you don't have to leave the house.

If you're polite and patient, the odds of success go way up.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They should take care of the issue as it started while you were still in warranty. Their attempt at fixing it did not work.

4. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

So yes, you are covered.

5. Maim macrumors member

to be honest, applecare phone support can be quite lenient sometimes, and in the position that you are in, even though they state that you are covered for the 90 days after, im sure they would help you out anyway :)