Question about message boards with the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aimeeinohio, Feb 11, 2011.

1. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

With my little iPod Touch, I can read the mseeage boards for school, but I cannot post. Will I have the same issue with the iPad?

2. Donny Jepp macrumors member

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Tough to say with no more info than you've given about why you can't post from your iPod touch.

I'm posting this from my iPad.

4. aimeeinohio thread starter macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

If I click on a post to respond, the post opens but they key board doesn't appear. :confused:
    I don;t see anything on the site about the message board being Flash or anything like that.

5. nmills macrumors regular

That has happened to me a couple times on my iPhone. I just restart my phone and then it works fine.
    Have you tried a reboot?

6. Donny Jepp macrumors member

You have to press the text field and make it active to bring up the keyboard. Also make sure Bluetooth is off

7. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

There are some message boards that you simply can't post on. I know I subscribe to one and I can read if fine, but I cannot post on if from my iPad

8. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

No problems at all using the iPad with message boards. In fact this was posted from my iPad.

9. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

Posting from my iPad while laying down in bed watching Machete.

Damn, I love this thing.

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I have made hundreds of posts with iPod Touch and iPad here and never had that sort of problem. I only occasionally have a problem coming back to Safari after following a YouTube link, when Safari fails to handle its screen view properly: I get the toolbar, and the progress bar shows the page loading, but nothing ever appears; when I tap the page (tabs) button, most of the screen appears white, except for what was under the toolbar. Quitting and restarting Safari usually fixes that.

11. sinalot macrumors newbie

I wish the pagination links in the forum were larger in front size. I quite often hit the wrong page link due to my large fingers.

12. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Message boards work on iPad but i really wish websites (this one in particular) would implement iPad optimized forums and buttons etc. some of the things you press are so small I often press the wrong thing (I.e., skipping to a certain page of a thread.)

13. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Really I just pinch and zoom to the size I need and move on, it's almost natural now.

14. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

There is one forum I frequent that has issues with the iPad, but several others I have no problems. So, it is probably something in the coding on that forum.

15. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I get this problem quite often too, hopefully Apple will fix it soon as it's starting to become annoying.

I'd like to see this too; it's not as though it would be difficult for macrumors to detect when a touch device is being used and bump the font size for the page numbers up a bit.

16. aimeeinohio thread starter macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

I did try turning the touch off and on again, and no go...But some other boards I visit work fine. So I suppose I'd better try it on an iPad before I decide....School is again the deciding factor!:p

17. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Actually, I have to disagree with this in principle. It is a nuisance, but the problem is not MacRumors fault, it is the fault of iOS and Safari. If we were offered text magnification as a very accessible global view option, that would be quite helpful, but really, if a browser could detect a situation where a bunch ofnlinks are clustered together, it should just give us some sort of magnifier like the text field selector for disambiguating which link we are trying to hit.