Question about migrating apps.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tonyrage, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Tonyrage macrumors newbie

I need help from you Mac gurus. Im a fairly new mac user and a brand new member of these sweet forums.
    I made the switch to mac about 10 months ago when I got my mac mini 1.83 intel core 2. 3gb ram and 80gb HD (leopard). I fell inlove with the OS so much that now I picked up a nice used Powerbook 1.67 1.5gb 80gb HD running leopard. Here's where my questions start!.
    My powerbook does not have iLife, which I use quite a bit on my mini. I heard about the migration tool and almost tried it.
    Anyway, my question is the following. Can I migrate/drag/copy Ilife apps from my mini to my powerbook? and if so, how does that affect those files in the mini? I want to have the apps running on both machines. I was affraid I would lose the apps on the mini if I migrated them to the PB.

Sorry for the newb question, i stayed up last night looking for the answer but i had no luck.

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Spend the $80 and get it from the Apple Store.

3. Tonyrage thread starter macrumors newbie

so basically i have to spend more money on something ive already paid for for the first machine?. I got the mini brand new from the apple store. came with iLife, but no iLife install cd's.

4. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

iLife for your mini is on the gray discs.

And yes, you have to pay more. It is for 1 license, so it can only be used on one machine.