question about migrating PC to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macswitcha2, Oct 4, 2009.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Concerning migrating my Windows 7 PC over to my Mac via VMware Fusion , am I limited to experiencing windows 7 in the settings of my XPS m140 laptop, or am I able experience windows 7 better on my mac?

In other words, the display setting on my PC is limited to a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 while on my mac 1680 X 1050, am I able to see it in 1680 X 1050?

2. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry, should i reword my request?

I don't know if i made myself clear, basically, will I see my windows 7 PC on my Mac the same exact way I will see it on my PC? Or, does it improves when migrated to my Mac via VMware fusion?

3. smg77 macrumors newbie

You should be able to run Windows 7 at the same resolution as OS X.

4. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

Read up on virtualization and especially on the limitations of virtualization.

What makes you think a virtualized system can be "better" than the one that you had running on physical hardware?

But to answer your question directly: Yes, once you have installed the VMWare Fusion tools and drivers, you can change the resolution in Windows 7. Only all the graphical effects of the Windows desktop will be gone, because no virtualization software supports them.

5. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

um why would you think migrating from a pc running win7 to a mac running win7 UNDER VIRTUALIZATION would be improved? of course it wouldn't be improved. it would be much slower, features missing, less resources to use, etc etc