Question about Mobile Me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by schartzr, Jul 28, 2008.

1. schartzr macrumors newbie

ok so I signed up for the 60 day free trial and put all my contacts on the site. It has pushed them all to my phone. But my question is I have not saved any contacts to my phone so when the trial is over I will lose all the contacts. Does any one know any way I can save the pushed contacts to my phone so I will not lose them when the trial is over? Thanks in advance.

ryan

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

You can always Sync them directly from your Mac, I don't believe you can have both Push and Manual sync though, it's either one or the other.. and as far as I know you can't permanently save pushed contacts to your phone, ie. whatever is on Mobile Me is on your phone so once they shut down your trial you'll lose the contacts..

So if you are positive you're not going to renew once the trial is up, don't have your contacts pushed and just sync them manually through iTunes..

3. FJR macrumors regular

I have no idea what you are talking about. When it pushes they are automatically saved to your phone. Just un-sync your phone prior to ending your trial period and they will all be there, along with in whatever program you are using on your computer.

4. atluten macrumors 6502

If you want to save you contact information, it should be stored locally on your computer so when if you end up not continuing to use MobileMe you will continue to have your contact information. If you're on Mac, you can use Address Book. If you're on Windows, you can use Yahoo! Address Book or Windows Address Book. Cheers.

5. FJR macrumors regular

Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure I've deactivated mobileme on my phone and contacts that were pushed there stayed.

6. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I'm not 100% sure, but when I was having problems with Mobile Me, when it went down I lost all contacts on my phone, then when it came back up they all reappeared..

7. FJR macrumors regular

Actually I take that back, now I do remember that I had synced with itunes in the interim, thus putting them in my local contacts.

But yeah, what the other guys said, just sync to a program on your computer.

8. schartzr thread starter macrumors newbie

I have synced via itunes and then I turned off mobile me and my contacts were gone. :*( so I do not think that it will save them on your phone. So i think we are out of luck. Will one need Mobile me if and when Apple comes out with the push like the blackberry?

9. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

You need to turn off Mobile Me first, then sync.. don't sync while still connected to Mobile Me..

Before Mobile Me, that's how you were able to transfer contacts from computer to phone, manually sync through iTunes.. or go and add them 1 by 1 through your phones contacts app.

10. FJR macrumors regular

Why can't you sync mobile me to your compuater? I am pretty sure that gets saved on whatever program you are using, although i could be wrong about that.

11. schartzr thread starter macrumors newbie

If I turn Mobile me off I lose all my contacts. I didnt have any contacts in my iphone before I just put them all though mobile me from my black berry rather than type them all in my iphone. Make sense?

12. thefourthpope macrumors 6502a

thefourthpope

You'll lose them

In my experience, turning off the "Push" feature of MobileMe on my iPhone deletes the contacts I have on it.
    Your safest bet would be to sync from MobileMe to your computer. That way everything is set on both machines. Then you can turn off Push on the iPhone and sync via USB between computer and phone.

13. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Ok, just add them to your address book on your mac or similar app if you are using a pc, then turn off Mobile Me synching and manually sync via iTunes from your Mac/PC to your phone..