Question about Motion 5 & Final Cut Pro X

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by KBS756, Apr 10, 2012.

1. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

Made a Motion Project that I just realized I would like to make into a final cut title where I can modify the published parameters in Final Cut Pro X. Cant seem to figure out how to import my project into Final Cut Pro X could someone help me out plz thanks. Its currently a .motn

2. floh macrumors 6502

In Motion's "File" menu, don't pick the "Save" option, but the one that is called "Vorlage veröffentlichen..." in my German version, which translates to something like "Publish as template".

In the upcoming dialog, you can choose what type and category and everything it should be published as. After you did that, it is available in FCPX as a Generator, Effect or whatever you picked it to be, just like all the other effects. You can only manipulate the parameters you publish though. If you change something in the Motion project again and save it, this will be applied to all FCPX projects that use this template.

Is that what you were looking for?

3. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey Thanks... only problem Im having is I can only publish it as a generator would like to do it as a transition or something like that because I would like the video to continue to play after it. But guess its serviceable for now. Thanks

4. floh, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012

floh macrumors 6502

A transition would be fading from one video into another. If you want the same video to continue afterwards, you can just place the generator "on top" of your video.

If you really want to do a transition, you will have to start off with a transition project for Motion, not a simple Motion project in the "New File" dialog. Converting afterwards is rather complicated.

In your case, if what you are looking for really is a transition, I would recommend you to create a new Motion project of type "Transition" and then Copy-Paste everything you need from your old project.

This is for example a quick tutorial on how to create transitions: How to create your own transition for FCPX

5. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

K thanks I appreciate the help.