Question about Moving Files to Trash

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by CJ England, Nov 3, 2014.

1. CJ England macrumors newbie

Question.

I have a tendency to send files to the trash by mistake without being aware. Silly, I know, but there it is.

Is there a way to make a dialog box pop up? One that says something like..."Are you sure you want to send this to trash?"

I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

CJ:)

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Not exactly what you want, but you can make it warn you before you empty the trash. Click the Desktop then command-comma to get Finder prefs and check the box.

[​IMG]

3. CJ England thread starter macrumors newbie

CJ- Question about Moving Files to Trash

Thanks for the reply, but as I said in my post, I'm concerned about moving files TO trash. I know a box pops up once I get there when I'm emptying the trash, but I'm looking to see if I can get a warning when I send a file TO the trash.

Can I set a permission or check a default so a box will pop up with a warning each time I send a file to the TRASH?

Thanks.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I understood what you were asking, and there is no way I know of to do that, so offered an alternative.

If you accidentally trash something it is very easy to undo it by opening the Trash and using Put Back.

[​IMG]

5. CJ England thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks. I did know all that already, and unfortunately it doesn't help if I didn't know I put the file in the trash. :) Best thing to do, (and I've been doing it already, just hoping there was another way) is to check my trash every night and dump it.

It's just time consuming when a pop up box would have been so much easier.

Thanks for the help. If anyone knows a backdoor trick, please let me know.

CJ