Question about multi-tasking, games and battery life.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jhill89, Jul 15, 2010.

1. jhill89 macrumors member

Just wanted to clear something up. Say for example I load up Angry Birds, play a few levels, go back to the main menu of AG's then go to the iPhone home screen and do something else. When I go back to Angry Birds later in the day it stays on the game's main menu. Does this waste battery or is there a way to close the app entirely so when I play it again it opens up fresh?

The reason I ask is because when I do this my battery seems to go down more than on the 3GS before multi-tasking when the app would close completely.

2. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

It wasn't running in the background, it merely restarted from where you left off, there is no need to close it completely. If for some reason you insist on closing it completely you just do it the same way you delete an app but from the quick launcher, double click home to bring up the switcher, hold down on the icon then click on the minus to close it completely.

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The iPhone's multitasking is very limited.

When you close Angry Birds, it creates a snapshot of the game's state at that specific time.

When you go back into it, that state is loaded and the game continues as if you hadn't closed it.