Question about music on the iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Liquinn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

I have an iPod Touch and was wondering;
    I put 40GGB of music onto it on one computer, and I want to connect it to iTunes on another; will my music remain on the device if I connect it to another computer and connect it to iTunes with the computer I didn't originally put the music on?

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

You'll have to be logged into YOUR itunes on the other computer.

Not sure what the point is.

3. Chi-mex macrumors member

If you do that, then basically everything on you itouch will be deleted
    except maybe things that you downloaded directly to the itouch. other than that, everything synced from you computer that is on teh itouch will be deleted.

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Nope you will only have the option to delete and restore with information from the other computer, or keep the info.

5. Scott549 macrumors regular

As long as your iPod is set to manually manage music, connecting it to another computer will not cause any music to get deleted.

6. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

What do you mean?

Could you explain how to do this?

Thanks

7. Chi-mex macrumors member

He means that if you have it set to manually manage music and media (ei when you plug it in it will not immediately start to sync and you have to tell it to sync) the when you plug it in to another computer nothing will happen, it wont sync, it wont do anything. But if you try taking stuff off it, and try putting stuff on it, then things will be deleted. So basically, it will allow you to charge the itouch on a different computer.

8. iLaughingSaint macrumors newbie

manually manage music

Its not necessary to do this when connected to another computer you can just not synch to another account, cancel but to manually manage go to summary page when your iPod is connected to itunes scroll down and check box manually synch this ipod and then click Apply. Done it will ask you if your sure you want to do this, make sure you've done a back up first or you can loose stuff.