Question about my contacts on 3g iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theprizefight, Jul 12, 2008.

1. theprizefight macrumors member

So I got an iphone 3g. I connected to my work's exchange account via activesync, and everything works ok in that department. However, when I add new contacts (phone numberts, etc) it seems to be adding them to my exchange account. The problem is, I will only have this exchange account for 2 more months, because I am an intern. Is there a way to save contacts directly to my SIM card, instead of to the exchange server?

Alternatively, is there a way to export my exchange contacts to store them on my SIM card before I disconnect from activesync?

Thanks in advance.

2. interesting macrumors member

my guess would be when you are at work export your exchange contacts to a csv(comma separated values) file and email it to yourself. That way you have them all when you no longer have the echange account. Then on the next computer you sync to you can import that csv file to whatever contacts app you will use(outlook, windows address book etc.).

Alternatively, you can set up your itunes to sync with gmail contacts. Gmail lets you import csv contact lists too. after you leave echange of course.