Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
bobber205 said:
Lucky dog. How long did it take for your Order Status page to be updated?
Still nothing here.

Is it possible that my items have been shipped and I just haven't seen/heard about it yet?

If this continues, what would apple do if I complained. It's a little silly to pay so much for something, but receive no word on why my order isn't being processed like it should.

Apple doesn't charge your credit card till the product is actually being shipped to you. I got my ipod and ms office 2004 updated instantly next day i.e. shipped and charged the next day. Msoffice was shipped locally and my Ipod came from China , because it had a lazer engraving. My Macbook was supposed to be shipped on the 21st , but they shipped it on the 19th instead. I am soooo pissed with fedex, that they delayed my shipping. But heck, I am going to be a proud owner of a mac tomorrow. :p :D

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
It's finally Coming!

Yes, the apple support has a sucky timing. Its just not meant for late nite panic callers. ;)

Anyways, seems like fedex was successful in ditching me again today, bastids :mad: . Anyways the package has arrived in Memphis and is going through its IP3 clearance.
fedex.gif

Soon, FDX1408 (A306) originating from Memphis International airport(KMEM) will take-off at 3:36 A.M. CST and will land here at 4:47 MST. I will be tracking the flight through its entire flight plan. It should be at the ABQ fedex facility and out for delivery in the morning! Yay!
flight.gif

:D I'll post pics when as soon as my macbook arrives

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Update:
I called apple. They said that my billing and shipping addresses were not the same and that's why it wasn't being processed. Having recently moved, I should have seen this coming. ;)

It's my fault! aaggh!
I called my bank and updated the information.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I called Apple and my life is good again! ;)

My iPod and printer will be shipped within 24 hours. The macbook will be shipped by monday.

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
bobber205 said:
I called Apple and my life is good again! ;)

My iPod and printer will be shipped within 24 hours. The macbook will be shipped by monday.

Congratulations! Yeah, you should have got an email saying that there was a problem with your oder. I had the billind address issue too. Anyways you are getting it shipped. I got mine today , and discovering things. :D

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
powerbuddy said:
Congratulations! Yeah, you should have got an email saying that there was a problem with your oder. I had the billind address issue too. Anyways you are getting it shipped. I got mine today , and discovering things. :D

Another issue. I checked my order status and it says "Action Required!"

It wants me to validate my card information or enter a new card. I tried, yet every time a technical problem keeps arising?

I guess I'll have to call again ;)

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
If you have confirmed with the telephone representative, there is no problem at all. The action required will automatically change to shipping when the orders are ready. Same with me.

I got my macbook, lemme tell you this thing heats up like the suns core. My palms are burning red and i find myself having to constantly lift my hand from the keyboard just to cool it.... Other than that this book is a blessing :D

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
A problem came up that invovled a spending limit on my debit card.
The rep charged half of it, then will do the rest tomorrow. It ships Monday!

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Great news!!!!!!

My order, all of it, will be shipped before or on wednesday! I'm so excited.

Only took about 40 phone calls. ;)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
My items have finally been shipped.

What's the difference between IP Direct Distribution and Fedex 2 Day Service?

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
bobber205 said:
My items have finally been shipped.

What's the difference between IP Direct Distribution and Fedex 2 Day Service?

Ermm....IP3 means your package contains more than one contents. And expect inspection delays, especially coming from China.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Question.

My iPod and MacBook seem to be on the same exact truck (see attached pics)

the iPod is supposed to come on friday (yay!) but the macbook is supposed to come on monday. But if they're on the same truck, shouldn't they come at the same time? :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    9 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 67

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
bobber205 said:
Question.

My iPod and MacBook seem to be on the same exact truck (see attached pics)

the iPod is supposed to come on friday (yay!) but the macbook is supposed to come on monday. But if they're on the same truck, shouldn't they come at the same time? :cool:

I guess I wouldn't assume they're on the same truck just because the scans were at the same time

thairs

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2005
About my order.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I also got a question pertaining to my order. I ordered my black macbook yesterday, and then got all the confirmation emails, and I just recieved my shipping confirmation. The only problem is that it says "Shipment Date: June 30th, 2006 (Today)", while estimated delivery is "July 10th, 2006". I payed for Expedited Shipping ($18), and 10 days after shipment doesn't seem like Expedited shipping, is this normal by any means? I'm getting it shipped to Reno, NV BTW.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Don't worry. I won't take offense at the hijacking. ;)

Below is the path my Macbook has taken. (It's on the truck for delivery right now).

It should go along a similar path, especially at the beginning.
Keep posting with any updates.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Whoo! My macbook is finally here. And what a beauty it is. Worth every penny. No whine or anything.

XP is up next. ;) *shudders*

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
Tracking seems to be causing more problems then it solves. I like to know when things are coming so I can be around to receive them. And I like to see that things are actually moving (had many bad "things are not moving" experiences!).

I ordered an iPod Nano and Macbook on Monday (June 26th). The iPod shipped an hour later, but today (June 30) there is still nothing showing up on shippers tracking system. I called Apple about it on Wed. when it said they hadn't received the item, the Apple rep said it has to reach the boarder and go through customs first (live in Canada). Even if it was shipped from China, you'd think it would be at the Canadian shipper (Sameday) by now (unless they're rowing it over :D ).

As for the Macbook, its been saying "Shipment exception" and not moved from China for two days. Reading others comments on shipping from Apple I at least know I'm not completely alone.

Any point in calling them again?

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Yes. Keep calling.

Keep asking. They will likely eventually give you your shipping for free if it takes too long.

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
bobber205 said:
Yes. Keep calling.

Keep asking. They will likely eventually give you your shipping for free if it takes too long.

My shipping is free. :)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Whoops. You should have gotten the better shipping option.

Don't expect your order to be processed with much priority.

bbene

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2006
Wisconsin
I made that mistake too. Now I wait.

Attachments

• 179510615_19b1eb70cf_o.jpg
    179510615_19b1eb70cf_o.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 179510589_e80265a567_o.jpg
    179510589_e80265a567_o.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 71
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.