Question about Netflix

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pukifloyd, May 3, 2010.

1. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Hello everyone

don't know if its the right place for this thread (feel free to move it mods)
    i searched and searched but couldn't find anything so here's my question

i just got netflix subscription (free trial is over) but i am going out of US for 2-3 months (going to india)
    i was wondering if i can use netflix there too? or should i cancel my subcription? i don't want to pay for the months i am not here....does anybody has any experience regarding this? I think it won't work there but i wanted to make sure...

thanks
    cheers.

2. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Streaming netflix will not work and they will not send you dvds in India.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm not sure if your trial is over and you haven't paid yet or you have paid and want to cancel it, but you can put your account on hold for up to 90 days.

4. pukifloyd thread starter macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

i know that they won't send me dvd's there but i was just wondering about the streaming

thanks!
    my trial is over now and i paid just once but i don't want to pay for the months i am not here.

thanks anyways!

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm pretty sure you can suspend your account for up to 3 months. Take a look in your account settings.

6. johnkim1989 macrumors newbie

Welcome to India !!! Or wait am I too late !!!! Netflix, cbs, hulu nothing will work in India. And don't even try to use VPN services. It may make you wait for your whole stay in India to download a single episode. If you have the money go for some paid DNS services such as www.unotelly.com They have good streaming and is easy to setup.
    A small advice. Forget the TV while in India :D

7. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

actually, Netfilx will work in India, as it works in Germany.

you need a US-based CC and US-based street address.

then you need a US based proxy server.

Strong VPN has a reliable service designed for this.

at least one service was free with no bandwidth limit, something tunnel or dark something.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As far as the option of suspending account goes, they're very nice about it. There's supposed to be a 3-mo limit, but the last time I tried it, they actually let me change the resume date online towards the end of the three months, and when I did, I could essentially add three more months. :eek: However, I later canceled it, so I guess one wonders how good a deal it was for them to be so nice to me. :p