Question About New Iphone.......

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by escodotcarter, May 13, 2008.

1. escodotcarter macrumors newbie

so since iphones are pretty much out of stock all over and the iPhone 2.0 coming out pretty soon my questions is ....can i use iliberty+ to jailbreak, unlock , and activate a new 2.0 iphone or no????????
    im new to all this and i dont wanna mess around with Winpwn since it still is a Beta version and iliberty+ looks so much easier to use IMO compared to what i have seen with winpwn.

any input will be appreciated.
    thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, you won't. It'll be a week or so before the community can do anything to the new iPhone.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

At least

4. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I think with apps becoming available and the continued move to open carriers,
    the unauthorized dev community is shrinking fast. Best to not screw around.
    The best of the Dev community is now on board the official Apple Developers
    scheme. Which means the unauthorized stuff will be more buggy, less reliable and poorly supported. That equals iBrick.

5. escodotcarter thread starter macrumors newbie

so basically what should i do.....should i try to get an iphone now or just wait till 2.0 comes out and then wait for someone to hack it

6. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

You can wait a little bit see how it turns out. No doubt that once the new one is released you can pick up an older for cheap. So if the new ones are proving to be difficult just get a first gen.

7. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

Wait. A month from now you will have many more options. 1st gen iPhones will be cheap because 2nd gen iPhones will be available most likely. Who knows what will happen, the new iPhones could be unlocked, there could even be an iPhone mini, and packed with so many new features and designs that you'll be kicking yourself for having not waited....just wait and then decide what you want to do, it'll only be a month, probably even less.

8. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I personally think it will be at least a month before any new iPhone is hackable.

Remmeber that current methods are based on firmware issues fixed in 2.0 and pwnage is based on hardware security issues which will be different on new hardware.

Plus Apple knows all the tricks we have - so if you want a 3G iPhone on an official contract then wait but if you want a hackable unlockable iPhone then dont wait.

Remmeber the original iPhone was thought of as "unlockable" until IPSF showed it was possible in September - that is 3 months AFTER it was first released and back then Apple didn't even both with real security and now they will!