Question about New Order AppleCare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MattMJB0188, Apr 28, 2010.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

So I ordered a MBP online today with Applecare. Well I decided that I really don't need the 2.66 Core i7 processor because I wouldn't notice a difference from the core i5 2.4 for what I do. Only went with it for the 512mb of vram which isn't much better than the 256mb vram according to some benchmarks. Anyway I called up Apple and they successful canceled only the computer and reordered. My question is will the new computer be enrolled with the AppleCare that was originally for the first mac? The customer service rep said that once I receive the AppleCare to just call them up and have them assign the new serial number to it. So I'm posting because I want to know if anyone has experienced this before and if so was this the outcome? Since the new order will obviously be the one going to me will Apple still enroll the AppleCare plan with the new ordered mbp? Thanks. Hope I'm not confusing lol.

2. theblueone macrumors member

I think you're over-thinking this. Just call Apple and ask what they're sending you.

Applecare can be transferred to different serial numbers for a few reasons. One reason would be your situation. Another would be if you got your computer, realized that it had a defect and Apple exchanged it for a new one. Your replacement computer would be the one covered by the Applecare plan.

3. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yea I probably am over thinking it. Do you think it can still come enrolled with the new order since the apple care is on one order and the new laptop order on another? Anyway I appreciate your reply.