Question about new Touch and screen...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by megatronbomb, Jan 16, 2008.

1. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

My Touch just arrived and I have a case (Griffin Reflect) and screen protectors I bought at the Apple store, but I'm wondering if the plastic coating that's already on the Touch can be left as a scratch protector? Not the outer clear plastic that unwraps, but the sheet that is "stuck" to the screen, or would it be best to remove it and put the store bought protector on?

And on a side note, I've not seen the John Lennon box before and like it much better than the other two.

Thanks. :D

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I have my Touch in my pocket with no protection all the time, sometimes when I forget keys join it. It has no scratches on the screen at all.

3. megatronbomb thread starter macrumors regular

megatronbomb

Honestly, I figure it'd take a lot to actually dent it or scratch it, etc. I'm just one of those paranoid people with their electronics, I treat them more gently than is necessary. Thanks. :p

4. iJordo macrumors member

Hey I use the Belkin (i think its belkin) anti static screen film set... and its smudge free and really does a great job its only 15 bucks for a 2 piece set (front and back) its so worth the money...

5. megatronbomb thread starter macrumors regular

megatronbomb

In the past I've had poor luck putting screen protectors on things, but I took my time and smoothed it on with a credit card and it went on like a charm! Thanks for the advice!