Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
it would seem pretty silly if the next iMac was being shipped with an updated box with the new OS X background and the same old specs, I mean that hasn't happened before right?

MBA, MBP have been updated, surely the iMac would have to be updated in time for ML?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
it would seem pretty silly if the next iMac was being shipped with an updated box with the new OS X background and the same old specs, I mean that hasn't happened before right?

It happened with the mid-2007 iMac. When it first came out the picture has a Tiger screen with the blue background. Once Leopard came out, the background changed to the nebula one.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As stated examples show, Apple doesn't always link OS releases with hardware releases. They update independently of each other in many cases.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
It happened before. Like others said, early 2011 MBP was 5months old, Lion came out and so all the printed materials were changed to match with Lion desktop background.

So did 2011 iMac, mine still came with Snow Leopard DVD, packaging comes with SL wallpaper.. After July it was replaced with Lion packaging. No DVDs included.

Point is .. It's possible.

shatteringlass

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
It happened before. Like others said, early 2011 MBP was 5months old, Lion came out and so all the printed materials were changed to match with Lion desktop background.

So did 2011 iMac, mine still came with Snow Leopard DVD, packaging comes with SL wallpaper.. After July it was replaced with Lion packaging. No DVDs included.

Point is .. It's possible.

Ok but...maybe the ML GM will feature some hint to the supposedly coming iMac refresh. Something like a model number or such...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.