Question about number porting with an iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InvalidBassist, Feb 9, 2008.

1. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

I'm going to buy an iPhone within the next couple of weeks, depending on how much overtime I work and if the price drop rumors are true or not, and I was wondering about the number porting process.

I currently have a pre-paid Verizon "INpulse" phone with a number that is easy to remember and would like to keep that number when I go to the iPhone.
    Checking the AT&T porting eligibility tool, it shows that my number is portable, which is a plus; however, looking at the screens for activating the iPhone one of the fields that you have to fill out when you're porting a number is an account number, thus bringing me to my real question.

What is the account number for a pre-paid cell phone?

I wouldn't think that one would have an account number for a pre-paid phone.

If anybody has any experience with this, please chime in. If not then I'll drop by my local AT&T store and speak to the guy with long blonde pony tail.

2. Fuzzbear macrumors regular

Fuzzbear

Can you log into verizon's website to add more minutes to your prepaid phone? Theres probably an account number in there somewhere..if its not your actual mobile number.