Question about O2 and iPhone, that someone may answer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by songwriter81, Oct 23, 2007.

1. songwriter81 macrumors member

I walked into Carphone Warehouse, the guy was useless...

I phone o2, the guy was even more useless...

SO...I'm gonna ask a load of non-useless people...YOU LOT!

I am currently on a O2 online plan, I wanna get a iphone on the 9th, so...is there anyway I can get a iphone from a Carphone Warehouse, which is 30 secs form my work?

Or will I have to get one from the online store where I currently have a contract? Basically, I wanna get an iPhone as quick and painless as possible.

2. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

you should be able to get one from cpw, and take it home, since activation is done through iTunes, rather than in store. During activation i assume you can just enter your current numbers, passwords etc, and iTunes will do the rest.

3. ripkord macrumors 6502

Not really sure what your asking...

You can buy an iphone from CPWH apple store or o2 store, either way you have to take out a new contract im pretty sure - an 18 month one at that.

Dont know if you can port your current contract, doubt it.

You can take your number, obviously.

4. songwriter81 thread starter macrumors member

Well basically I don't want two contracts but I want a iPhone on the day.

My contract is with with O2 online...I wanna buy the phone from CPWH. I dont wanna be any issues.

5. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Simply buy the phone from CPW, O2 or an Apple store and you activate at home. When did your current contract begin? If before the iPhone UK announcement (on or before 18th Sept) then you will be able to transfer your current number onto the iPhone contract and in turn cancel your current contract.

6. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

I thought O2 has already said that you can 'migrate' your current contract to the iPhone tariff when you buy the phone. You would be best calling O2 customer services, but I'm sure it's in the website somewhere.

7. songwriter81 thread starter macrumors member

Yes they indeed have.

You can go onto the different tariff/contract with no issue...If I was buying the phone from O2 online direct, its not an problem.

However, I'm not. I wanna buy from CPWH. Will O2 online let me migrate it if I can giving £270 to CPWH instead of O2.

8. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Yes you can buy from any of the authorised sellers and the contract is still activated online using itunes directly with o2. You have nothing to worry about.

9. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Everyone has said it but I will hit the nail on the head:

It doesn't matter where you buy from, you only buy a brand new iPhone in the shop, all contract/tariff details are done at home - via itunes. If you get stuck with iTunes or it doesn't seem right, then phone O2.

Once you get your iPhone home, it is the same no matter where you bought from.

10. songwriter81 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. This is what I had hoped and thought.

However, Mr O2 and Mr CPWH have both said the opposite. You have to buy from where you orginally had the contract.

11. sneeks macrumors 6502a

They are talking rubbish. Buy from wherever you wish.

12. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I'm going to ask my local CPW the day before to make sure they will have them, i.e. are you working late tomorrow, there is no way they can say I don't know, as they will know if they have to work late!