Question about "One more thing"

busterbluth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
So there are starting to be some rumors regarding a event September 23rd to release new laptops, and I know this doesnt mean anything at this point. As I am new to the mac world, I was wondering if the "One more thing" is usually something that Jobs says at the end of a event, or is it a entirely separate event? Could this be a one more thing event if it is September 23rd? Im just wondering about past announcements. Thanks!

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
He used to end most keynotes with "One More Thing" and used it to introduce radical new products that no-one was expecting. It's not an event on it's own (apart from once iirc). He's stopped doing it in the last couple of years. I assume because everyone knows what's coming and there's no real surprises any more.

busterbluth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
He used to end most keynotes with "One More Thing" and used it to introduce radical new products that no-one was expecting. It's not an event on it's own (apart from once iirc). He's stopped doing it in the last couple of years. I assume because everyone knows what's coming and there's no real surprises any more.
BOOO!!! Thanks though, I doubt it will be next week then

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
So there has been a separate event....
Once and exactly once (as I said in my first reply). It was called that based off Steve Jobs traditional end to his keynote speech. The won't call an event that again: it's been done. When people talk about "One More Thing" they are talking about an additional cool product at the end of a keynote or media event.