Question about ordering online through Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZachSpringman, Sep 16, 2015.

1. ZachSpringman macrumors member

This is my first time pre-ordering any iPhone. I ordered the 6s+ 64GB Space Gray through the online apple store and currently its not going to arrive until mid October.

I was just curious if this is accurate to go by or if in the past these dates change around release or towards the end of September.

OR, if I would be better off going to my local apple store and camping out in an attempt to try and get one.

Any feedback is appreciated!

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I've seen a few cases where the shipping times improved as the date got closer. I certainly wouldn't count on it. You will have to decide if you are willing to wait it out or not. If you've never done the lineup at the Apple store, it can be fun. I've done it a few times. If you are going to do that however, I would plan on lining up in the afternoon of 9/24 if you want to make sure you get what you want.

3. ZachSpringman thread starter macrumors member

And I doubt that they open at midnight right?

4. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Some stores may open early.. I know the apple stores in our area all will open at 8:00am regardless of the mall hours (most don't usually open until 9-10am). I don't believe any apple stores do a midnight release though, but I could be wrong.

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

8am

6. scotttnz macrumors 6502

Oops....I posted on another thread, and somehow it ended up here.....how did that happen?