Question about ordering through Apple (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thaghost, Nov 6, 2017.

1. thaghost macrumors 6502

I tried asking this in the Verizon pre-order thread, but got crickets....

I am currently on the Verizon payment program. I am (13) months in, so i'm eligible to upgrade. Whenever I attempt to do this through the Apple site, I get the below message. Is there anyway to reserve the iPhone at an Apple store to be able to upgrade via Verizon program, without having to pay for it full or choose the Apple Upgrade Program?

iPhone X
    [​IMG]
    You are eligible for a Verizon Device Payment upgrade with trade-in.
    However, we do not support Verizon trade-ins on the Apple Online Store. You can purchase an iPhone with Device Payment by visiting an Apple Retail Store.

Your total Device Payment balance is $439.92 and you have 11 remaining installments until the end of your Device Payment installment plan.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not try going to verizon's site? Not for nothing, but I was able to get an iPhone X on release day at my verizon store, when people just a block away camped out over night.

3. thaghost thread starter macrumors 6502

I have one on pre-order through their site and have an EDD of 12/1 as of now. I called the local Verizon store near me and the first time around, the guy laughed at me. Said to check back in the middle of December. I'll keep checking with them regularly though to see if they receive any deliveries that aren't spoken for. I was just attempting to go through Apple as the stores here in Central Florida are periodically showing available on some models.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And I think that's why you cannot order one through apple. Your phone's upgrade is tied up on the order already in the queue.

5. thaghost thread starter macrumors 6502

Correct...so i've been trying with my wife's line.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2017 ---
    Just spoke with Apple, Verizon stopped allowing their users to utilize the Verizon Upgrade program via Apple site on 10/30. Only option to continue utilizing the upgrade program via Verizon is to either go through them direct or purchase in store....