Question about Pages on Mac App Store.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CardboardGiant, Aug 26, 2011.

1. CardboardGiant macrumors regular

Hi Everyone!

I recently bought a MBA 13' and was considering purchasing Microsoft Office (student edition) too. But that would need a purchase of the external CD-reader too.

So I ended up buying all three iWork apps (Pages, Keynote, Numbers) on the Mac App Store.

My question is, in the past iWork was released on physical media. The editions were identified by years (iWork 08, 09).

Since it was released on Mac App Store, it doesn't seem to specify which edition it is. Does this mean all future updates for iWork will be free forever? No more "iWork 11" or "iWork 12" ?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No way to know. I wouldn't be surprised, but they could always release future versions separately on the App Store and require that you purchase them. Nothing currently would say either way.

jW

3. jpl6 macrumors member

btw, I guess this might be too late, but I'm pretty sure that either you can use a digital download edition for Microsoft Office or (for cheaper prices), digitally download a trial version, buy a discounted (ie. Amazon) retail copy of Office Student Edition, and then just use the cd key.