Question about Parralells

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bogie, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Bogie macrumors regular

I'm trying to sell my PC so I can get an iMac, but well, one of the few things holding me back is that I absolutely love Microsoft One Note in Office 2007. I recently heard about parralells and I was wondering if Office 2007 would work with that so I could use One Note on the OSX side of things?

2. dr_lha macrumors 68000

I've never used One Note, but I can tell you than Office 2007 works fine in Parallels. At least, the Word/Excel/Powerpoint bits do. Remember that Parallels is just a virtualised Windows machine, basically anything that runs under Windows will work, baring perhaps some games.

3. Bogie thread starter macrumors regular

That's great news! One Note isn't particularly demanding so I expect it would work very well. Thank you! Now to sell this PC!

4. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Remember that Parallels requires a full install of Windows (and therefore a Windows license) to run Windows apps.

5. deathmuffin macrumors newbie

Question about parralells

Hi,
    My question is that i have two brand new macbooks 2.4gh and 4 gigs of ram.
    I have the new version of parralells 4.0 and was wondering if i can use the same copy of windows xp for both of them? The copy is one that i purchased from best buy unopened or will it require me to buy another copy of xp.

Oh and does it really matter between using xp or vista. I know vista has alot of glitches but do they still show up when it is installed on a mac.

And finally how does the new iphone paralells app that comes with the new copy work?