Question about Partial Subsidy for iPhone through AT&T...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, May 30, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Right now My Account page on AT&T.com is showing I can purchase a 32GB iPhone 3GS for $499 (new).

I'm aware this is the Partially Subsidized option, which I am thankful for because I was expecting NO eligibility and no subsidy at all, which would have cost $699.

Now my question is, will this carry over to the new iPhone 4G when it goes on sale, so that I may also purchase the 32GB iPhone 4G for $499? What happens if there's a 64GB version? Will that cost $599?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

I don't think anyone can currently answer that question. Who knows if the prices will remain the same, who knows what models there will be.

The only thing anyone can probably say is that if you have the opportunity to get a partial subsidy now, you should be able to get a partial subsidy on whatever comes out next week.

3. XciteMe thread starter macrumors 6502

I really hope so!!! This is what I want to hear more of.

I'm sure there's people who had Partial Subsidy on iPhone 3G the week before iPhone 3GS came out, so I'd like to hear from them what happened.

4. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Yes the partial subsidy will carry over. But no one knows the pricing structure for sure. You'll just have to wait it out.