Question about pencil charging accessory...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ssledoux, May 8, 2019.

1. ssledoux, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019

ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I know there's an accessory for the 1st gen pencil so I can charge it separately. I can't remember if that comes with the pencil, or if I need to purchase one, and, if so, can anyone recommend an inexpensive one?

Getting pencils for my grandkids to use with their 2018 iPads, and definitely don't want them plugging them into the pads.

ETA - I’m not sure if this comes with the pencil - I no longer have my 1st gen pencil, and don’t remember.

Even if it does, if I needed to purchase another (likely since it’s small and easy to lose), is there a third-party that will do the job?

2. RippedAmoeba macrumors newbie

A adapter comes along with the pencil.

Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any third party accessory.

3. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Okay thanks!

4. venom600 macrumors 6502a

Easiest solution is to use the adapter that comes with the pencil along with a lightning cable. If you're like me and lost yours, you can replace them on amazon, or just get a charging cable like this: https://www.amazon.com/TechMatte-Ch...encil+charger&qid=1557380645&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Search for Apple Pencil Charger on Amazon and you'll see quite a few charger cables. Or you can get a dedicated dock like this: https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Penc...ncil+charger&qid=1557380699&s=gateway&sr=8-18

5. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Thank you! When I pulled up that cable, I saw the little replacement pieces. I searched for them on Amazon, but just wasn't sure I was seeing the correct item.

I honestly think the cable is smarter for the kids anyway - less pieces to lose!