Question about phone activation.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismac00, Jun 6, 2008.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone and I am going to buy a RAZR. Can I just take out the SIM and put it in the RAZR and will it be activated? Or will I have to call AT&T or something. And would the internet work on it? Would I have to pay extra?

Thanks in advance ;D

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

When you talk about activation, AT&T, internet, payment - is that for the iPhone you already have? Or the RAZR?

3. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I mean like my iPhone is activated. And I just want to have another phone because sometimes I get bored of my iPhone. So I would like to just switch the SIM and I would like to know if it would just work without calling AT&T and activating it like that. And since I have an unlimited data and text plan on my iPhone, would I be able to use those features on the RAZR when I change the SIM?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Dude, you have too much time on your hands if you're getting bored with the iPhone. How much more boring is it going to be utilizing your Motorola RAZR? Yeah, you can switch back and forth freely, and out of boredom, after all, they are both yours. Oh, the pleasure of inanimate objects...:eek::p

5. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would I be able to use the data plan on the RAZR without having to pay extra since I already have it on my iPhone?