Question about phone clean.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gc15, Apr 26, 2013.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

Is this tool safe to download and use? Also will it not access any of my information? I have never used it before and i want to know people's opinions about it that have already used this tool.

http://www.imobie.com/phoneclean/

2. darster Suspended

I have it on my mac and it works fine. It just basically clears out your temporary and a few other files. When I run it, it clears out about 100 mb of space. Not really a whole lot. It wont hurt your phone or hijack your phone.

3. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Why would you need something like this. Is your iphone giving your problems that you need something like this to clean up space etc?

4. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I use this program too, the phone doesn't really give problems. It's just nice to free up space on the phone. Especially when the files it removes are just caches, junk files that you couldn't have otherwise deleted.

5. ikcaj macrumors newbie

Media Clean tool stuck?

In answer to the original OP - I love PhoneClean and have had no problems whatsoever until today. I had a series of connections to iTunes where "synch failed to start", resulting in 554 corrupted media files I am now trying to repair. For some reason it is either taking a very long time to run the Media Clean tool (30 minutes and counting) or it is stuck. This has not harmed my phone in anyway, just wondering if I need to reinstall the program or if this time frame is normal when there are a lot of corrupted files.

6. tab154 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Did this work out for you?

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

med.asst.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

What?

9. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

Personally and everyone has a different opinion but you should not need to install thins app. If you want to clean cache from your phone hold down the Hone and power button until the Apple logo appears and that will clear cache just like defragging your computer.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doing a reset on the phone doesn't really clear out caches for the most part. Perhaps some might get cleared out, but generally that's not the case.

11. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

It does a good enough job especially if you install, Uninstall an app that is giving you trouble or just want ir removed. The only true way is to restore it back to like it was new and start over. Thank you

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes, generally uninstalling and installing an app back again will do the trick on its own in most cases (usually without a restart on the phone). It might be hard to clear up some other data in places like email or messages where something might be stuck somewhere, in which case, as you mentioned, a restore is often the best way to do it.

13. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

Thank you for the mention on your part on what I mentioned. I appreciate your aggreing with my last comments.

14. cynics macrumors G3

A soft reset won't clear any NAND flash data.

Phoneclean is actually removing data. Typically you don't even know it's missing since it's cached.

Regardless, two different things are being done by both.

15. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

Thank you for clarifying to me what the app actually does. I tend to never have this issue with my 5S so I don't use 3rd party apps to clean or clear data.
    If it ever really gets bad I am not beyond to a backup and clean restore, Install! so again thank you for letting me know how the app works!