Question about Photos on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sonoran, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Sonoran macrumors member

When I take a picture with my 3G it gets saved to the Camera Roll on the iPhone.

I also have a folder named Photo Library which i guess contains all of my photos; those I have synced from my Mac & those I have shot.

I created several other folders which contain picture of grandchildren & other stuff.

When I look at photos on the 3G I see the same pictures in the camera roll, photo library and my other misc. folders.

Are these duplicates? If I delete a photo from the camera roll will it also disappear from my other folders? I don't want to have copies taking up space on my 3G.

Thanks.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

no if you delete it in your phone it won't get deleted in your comp

3. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

You'll have to experiment. Add a photo that isn't important; just a test image. Then delete it and see what happens.

If you have the same photos showing up in all folders, something isn't right. If I was you, I would take my MacBook and iPhone into the Apple Store and ask the experts.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The photo library is just a placeholder that shows all the pics on your phone, including the camera roll. So, if you deleted a pic from the camera roll, it would be gone on the photo library. The one in the photo library is not a duplicate; it’s more like a shortcut. Understand?

5. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Makes perfect sense. It's like a "favorites" folder. It sources it's info from the main folder. Thanks. :)

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I just looked at my photo library and I wasn’t quite accurate about the camera roll. It doesn’t have pics in the photo library. The photo library has the placeholders for all the pics from the folder of pics you synced from your computer. I think the OP may be confused if he says the camera roll from his iPhone is in the photo library. I actually have a folder called camera roll, but I created that on my MBP for copying camera roll pics from the iPhone.