Question about picking up the iPhone 3gs on Friday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xXMuRk3rXx, Jun 17, 2009.

1. xXMuRk3rXx macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I preordered the new iPhone 3gs from my local at&t store yesterday(6/16/09). I asked the store rep if I could pick it up if I came early to the store on Friday. He told that I couldn't do this if i preordered. This doesn't make sense to me, can someone clear this up?

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Pre-orders are sold out at AT&T. The reason you can't get it if you come early Friday is because you will not be getting yours Friday at all.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

They have already maxed out their preorders for the shipments and current supply Att stores are recieving. If you preorder now, you will get it next time that store recieves a shipment.

4. sh4ners macrumors member

Thanks for reserving your iPhone. You can come to the store you selected anytime on the day of your reservation. When you arrive, talk to a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, set up your phone, and get off to a great start.
    Date:
    Friday, Jun 19

so i can go in there after work and get my phone right?

5. xXMuRk3rXx thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand now. Is there any chance I can just go and pick one up If I'm there early and then just cancel my preorder, or are they just selling to people who have preordered early.

6. KSource macrumors member

Yes and no.

Yes you could, but no you can't because it's first come first serve and they may be out before you get there.

I'd go before work if you really want it.