Question about porting to Sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rzc16512, Nov 28, 2015.

1. rzc16512 macrumors regular

I just ordered new iPhones online from Sprint and selected the options to port my numbers from AT&T to Sprint. However, I will not be home the next two weeks. What is the porting process once we recieve the phones in the mail? I want to activate the other three lines but want to ensure my line will still be on AT&T until I am back to activate my new phone.

2. Geeksmart macrumors newbie

I believe ones you port your number, your AT&T service will be discontinued within a day or so. When I ported my Verizon number to T-mobile the line transfer a few hour later, but took about a day or two to fully work on T-mobile( I couldn't make call for a day because the call never connect). You might be out of luck for two weeks if you did transfer your line during checkout on sprint website. Since sprint will port you number and that will cause your AT&T line to be disconnected.

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Your number will stay with AT&T until you power on the new device. If you don't want your number to switch to sprint yet, just make sure your new sprint device stays powered off in the box. Once it's powered on, it will provision which will prompt the system to complete the port process on your number.

4. rzc16512 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok. That was what I was thinking. It was like that when I switched from Verizon to AT&T. Just wanted to make sure as I couldn't get a clear answer from Sprint's website. Thanks.