Question about Power Support Air Jacket

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ctbear, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I just received and finished putting on the Power Support Air Jacket, the thing looked amazing!
    However I did have a problem with it...I also installed the front and back protectors that came with the case, and after putting it on this is what happened:

[​IMG]

Notice the "water mark" effect inside the red circles due to the contact of the case and the crystal back film.
    Is there any way to get rid of that effect? That is the only thing that keeps it from being perfect :/

2. k3roro macrumors 6502

I also have a PowerSupport AirJacket and I can tell you that, these watermarks are likely caused by contact of the phone with the case.

I don't have a back-screen protector on my phone and I still have these watermark issues.

Also, just from one owner to another, I'd recommend against taking off and putting the case back on frequently as my case is no longer as form-fitting as it use to be.

3. ctbear thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm I was considering taking off the back film just because of that. But I guess I should hold on with that.
    Any suggestions anyone?

4. rudy44 macrumors member

ive taken mine off over 20-30 times it still fits perfectly. you could get a matt back for it. or just dust a thin layer of powder over it.

ive been using this case for almost 3 months now and i love it. i havent noticed any scratches yet and it feels really good to hold

5. ctbear thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip. I used a very thin layer of baby powder, and the water marks are now gone :)

6. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

I got one of those myself and the outside of the case is extremely scratch resistant, which is great, however the inside (the part the iphone touches) is easily scratched. The "rainbowing" effect occurs with or without a back protector on the phone. I've had mine for maybe two weeks and my phone looks great in it, however I noticed light scratches/abrasion marks on the inside on the side near the volume button cutouts. I imagine the scratches came from angling the iPhone button side first and then snapping into place, so with this in mind, I'd recommend minimizing taking off/putting on the case unnecessarily. I retired the case in favor of an aluminum hybrid, but it is the best out of the clear cases. I only wished they had the scratch resistant coating on the inside as well!

7. ctbear, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010

ctbear thread starter macrumors 6502a

Definitely. I removed and reinstalled the case a couple times, and I already noticed scratches. Mostly along the edges.

8. rudy44 macrumors member

well mine included two front protectors. a crystal and a matt