Question about pre-activating iPhone in at&t.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edwardz, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Edwardz macrumors regular

So I'm planning on pre-activating my account with at&t before launch day on the 11th to have a plan in stone for that day. Just a question though. I am 17 years old, and so my Mom and I are going in to pre-activate it together. I am assuming that they will give me paperwork to show that I have an account setup with at&t, receipts, and what not. What I am wondering though is do I have to have my Mom come with me on launch day still to activate my physical iPhone? or can I just go by myself since it's already setup beforehand?

Thanks!

-K

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Well you'll have to prove it is you so since you are a minor I'm sure she'll have to be with you since it will be in her name.

3. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

If you are not currently with AT&T then the most you can do before launch day is the credit check, which would be in your mom's name. On launch day, she will actually have to be there to sign the contract and start the service.

Some store employees have tried to get people (including me) to sign up for service on a phone now and return it on launch day so that the service is already in place. This is not approved by AT&T, I don't see how it will make things any faster on launch day, and your mom would probably need to be there for the return anyway.

Long story short, take mom in for the credit check now and take her with you on launch day (or you get in line and have her show up a few minutes before 8).

Good luck.

4. Edwardz thread starter macrumors regular

5. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Thats what I am gonna do...! :D
    Gonna do credit check day before, wait in line then call dad to come when comes close to 8 am..

July 11th hurry up!