Question about pre-ordering in person at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reb8rn, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Reb8rn macrumors newbie

Reb8rn

Hello all,

I have been having a hard time trying to find a way to purchase the iphone 7 plus at full price.

I have AT&T and they only allow AT&T next which i do not want to do, I also called best buy and they said the same thing.

I tried to call a few apple stores here in NYC but none have been able to take my call due to high call volumes. So I figured I would try to ask this question here.

I want to know are people able to go into an apple store tomorrow and put a pre-order down for an iphone 7 plus without the apple upgrade program or doing a carrier installment plan?

I just want to pay the full price for the device, I am honestly surprised that it has become this convoluted to purchase a product...

Thank you for reading I appreciate any insight.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Why not order from Apple tonight? You can also order full price from at&t.

3. Reb8rn thread starter macrumors newbie

Reb8rn

Hey thanks for the reply.

Here in NYC the online pre-orders open up at 3am which is a bit late for me. Also if I order it online will it charge me the full price immediately?

Also if I pre-order online from apple is there an option to pick it up in store? or only ship to home?

I spoke to someone from AT&T and they made it clear to me that they are only offering this device through AT&T next which wouldn't surprise me if they were lying about that just to sucker people into signing up for that plan.

4. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

You can preorder at full price, and they don't charge your credit card until your device ships. They might ping your card to get an auth, but the actual charge won't hit the card until the phone ships.

5. Reb8rn thread starter macrumors newbie

Reb8rn

Thanks I will set an alarm to wake me up at 3am to try and pre-order it from the apple website.