Question About Pre-Ordering

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheShinyMac, Oct 24, 2009.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

For example if I pre-order Modern Warfare 2 tomorrow will it come to my house the day it is released. Or should I just pay for really fast shipping. I want it the day it comes out because I dont have school that day!

2. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Can someone answer or move it to a form where there are tips about buying things, oh wait its already in the right one:(

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

This would go to Console Games section IMO. Furthermore, how could we know? Call to store and ask.

4. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I have asked and every place I've been to they have either sad " I don't Know" or "its better to do it here" just trying to get my money.

5. Dash Eleven macrumors newbie

Amazon.com does offer release-date delivery for $6.99 (or free if you've got an Amazon Prime membership). Generally, though, if you pre-order from an online retailer, you likely won't get it the day it comes out.

If you pre-order in-store, you may be able to get it on the 10th. For a big release like Call of Duty, I'm sure Gamestop would have it available that day. In my experience, your big retail chains (Best Buy, Target, etc.) usually have games available the day after release