Question about pre-ordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clifgriffin, Jun 14, 2010.

1. clifgriffin macrumors member

If I preorder the iPhone 4 from Best Buy, AT&T or Apple am I guaranteed to get it on the 24th?

If I purchase from either Apple or Best Buy, will I be charged the subsidized price I'm eligible for or will I have to deal with rebates of some kind?

Has anyone had any bad pre-ordering experiences they can use to advise my decision here?

At the moment I'm thinking I will order with Best Buy so I can pick it up on the 24th.

All comments welcome.

Thanks,
    Clif

2. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Each store is different, please check the first page of threads.

But because I am not THAT mean,
    AT&T pre-orders apparently the 25th
    All others seem to be the 24th...

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

What exactly are you referring to? Pre-ordering is ordering it ahead of time and having it shipped to you. Reserving it is putting one on hold and then you pick it up in the store. They are two different things. All the stores are offering it and they say that you can get it on launch day if having it delivered to you. Most, if not all, receive it on launch day unless you order it late or it gets stuck during shipping.

As long as you are eligible for something, you will be charged that price. If you are not charged the price you thought you would be, then you would have to go to an AT&T store to find out why and purchase the phone there.

4. clifgriffin thread starter macrumors member

Other threads are confirming that pre-orders with Best Buy are for instore pickup only.

To all: sorry for opening this thread without adequately searching existing threads.:eek: