Question about pricing and uk related things

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Harmush, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I have reserved an iphone from Liverpool for pick up on the 24th. It didn't ask me what network I wanted it on or anything. Is this because they are now all unlocked? I have an orange contract which can't be upgraded so I want a pay as you go orange iPhone and just cut the sim down to micro size!! Easy

£499 for the iphone I ordered. But will it be any cheaper waiting and buying from orange pay as you go, or is 499 the price for the phone anyway?

Orange seem to have released no prices yet so am confused. Any guesses?

2. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

They may well be slightly cheaper on a specific network's pay and go tariff as Apple say on their website that they cannot control what the networks decide to sell them at and they will honour the networks prices in store as well.

I'm sure I saw what I did my reservation for pick up that you could change the reason (sim free, pay and go etc) when you got there as the phones will all be unlocked and it will just depend on if they give it to you unlocked or activate it in store and lock it to a particular network.

Thats what im hoping anyway coz im in the same boat but with O2. I only need the phone as i'm in contract but would rather buy an O2 locked pay and go if its cheaper.

3. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Thanks for the reply.

That makes scense. Well am not bothered in that case, I just want it to work with orange. If it's cheaper than 499 when I get there that's a bonus.