Question about PSN download voucher games...

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
I bought a PS Vita with 2 free games (download codes) and a 16gb memory stick.

Here is the question - If I download the games onto the 16Gb stick, can I

a. re-download them?

b. if I were to buy a 32gb stick, could they then be put on that free of charge (or do the download vouchers only work as a download once?)?

c. do the games go to the download list/history?

skottichan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Yes, once you purchase a game (whether you bought it, or received it via a voucher) it is yours. You can redownload it whenever you want.

In the PSN Store, you'll have a "Downloads" section where you can download it whenever you need to.

As a suggestion, if you want more games for free (or at a discount) a PlayStation Plus account is worth the $50 a year.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
Yes, once you purchase a game (whether you bought it, or received it via a voucher) it is yours. You can redownload it whenever you want.

In the PSN Store, you'll have a "Downloads" section where you can download it whenever you need to.

As a suggestion, if you want more games for free (or at a discount) a PlayStation Plus account is worth the $50 a year.
Thanks! If I got a free game with PS+, and then I stop paying for PS+ the next year, is it still mine?

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Thanks! If I got a free game with PS+, and then I stop paying for PS+ the next year, is it still mine?
Aha, interesting question one that I can answer seeing as my PS+ expired last night.

You only get to keep the content as long as you are a PS+ member. Once it expires you'll get a message saying that the content is "no longer available" and it'll direct you to the Store, presumably to renew.

skottichan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Aha, interesting question one that I can answer seeing as my PS+ expired last night.

You only get to keep the content as long as you are a PS+ member. Once it expires you'll get a message saying that the content is "no longer available" and it'll direct you to the Store, presumably to renew.
Correct. The free games are essentially the cheese in the mouse trap. But, to be honest, for me, PS+ pays for itself pretty quickly. $50 is less than a AAA game costs, and there's always games that we get for free that makes the $50/yr justifiable.