Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GabooN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
Windsor, Ontario
Hi just a quick question if anyone can help ease my mind.

I ordered a refurb Mac mini 2.5 i5 on Friday, the order went through, so apple put a hold on the funds. I also ordered some ram and ssd from newegg which have since shipped. The apple order is still in processing.

I made a payment last week clearing my card to zero, but that is also in pending (was not full balance of card).

Long story short, app store was saying my security code was invalid, so I tried a few times to correct it, ended up locking my MasterCard account for the day.

My main question really is, with my Mac mini order 'in processing' will apple just wait until MasterCard has cleared all the activity that locked my card, as well as the payments and newegg purchases, since the original hold on my account cleared when i made the order or is there potential that they might try to put the order through and come back declined? I'm only concerned of this since the refurb is out of stock so it's not an easy reorder if there are issues.

I hope this makes sense. The MasterCard rep basically just said wait until tmrw to use your account again and hopefully the pending payments/purchases will clear by then. Also, here's hoping that when all this is said and done, I don't still have the invalid security code issue.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
So you are asking a forum of Apple USERS about what Apple does for credit card transactions....

I'm gonna recommend you get on the phone with Apple and sort this out.... 1-800-MY-Apple

GabooN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
Windsor, Ontario
I was about to start work when I posted. I was simply wondering if any other users had a similar experience or knew of orders being declined in there USE of the apple store. I don't have much understanding about how credit card transactions work online, for all I know this is pretty common knowledge. Don't know until you ask.

I don't disagree with your recommendation, but no need to be rude about it. Might as well shut the forum down and post a notice saying 'ask Apple'...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.