Question about purchases on Virtual Console on the Wii

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 27, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I am selling my Wii on ebay and am wondering if it is possible to wipe out my CC number and details without getting rid of the games?

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

:eek:
    What has possessed you to do such a horrible thing?

3. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

We got a new TV and it comes with a PS3. They dont want the PS3 so I'm taking it for my TV. So I am wondering if its possible to wipe the CC details and keep the games or do I have to wipe the entire memory?

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

But why sell it? Just keep it and have a WiiS3 :) The Wii is a great compliment to either the PS3 or the 360 imo, kinda a good system to obtain some balance.

If its already bought and paid for, and you get the PS3 for free then why sell the Wii?

You would have to wipe the memory to do what you're asking though, to answer the question.

Ed

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Indeed, keep the wii and have a balanced gaming experience....You might be saying you don't have the time for both consoles but I assure you it will be for the best.

Bless

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I've got a Wii and a PS3 and lovin it! Keep both ;). It's like the ying yang sign white+black. :D

7. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Add me to the list of people that sidestep the question and tell you to keep both. :cool: :D

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You can't keep the VC games... once you get rid of your Wii you can't play them anymore...

That said you can transfer your games to a new Wii console, but you need to call Nintendo about the details

EDIT: and you can't sell a Wii advertising that it comes with a buttload of VC titles, I don't think that would fly

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You have to wipe the entire memory I think. :(

But I recommend keeping both. The systems are so different that it provides a nice balance.

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Why do you have to sell your Wii? Do you have a one console limit rule or something?

I recall your posts about moving from the 360 to the Wii and how happy you were, and at the moment, the PS3 and 360 are both similar in their game offerings.

<]=)