Question about purchasing Macbooki Pro in store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by soapage, Jan 14, 2010.

1. soapage macrumors member

I am currently going to purchase a macbook pro 15 inche 2.66 no glare with 320 hd @7200rpm.

my question is if I go to the store could i buy that macbook with the upgrade?? or are upgrades only bought with laptops online??
    I ask this cause i am flying from outsie the US and want to but the laptop or dont know if i should order it by mail instead.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Can you rewrite that last part of your post? Where are you flying out of?

Do you mean you're flying to the US, and want to order from there? Where are you staying? If it's a decent hotel, just order the item and have it delivered to the hotel if the store will let you ship to an address that's not identical to your billing address.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Typically they don't carry BTO machines, but anti-glare is kind of a "special" case in that they're fairly common. The best thing to do would be to call the Apple Store and ask.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I doubt you'll find that configuration stocked in an Apple Store. You would need to order it.

5. soapage thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks alot guys.... guess i will order it and have it shipped to the hotel.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you're paying with a credit card, call the card co first and tell them what you are doing. The CC people get nervous if you try to ship a major purchase to an address that is not your billing address; they will likely decline the charge.

7. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

All upgrades must be done through the online store. However, upgrading a HD is not hard. Ram, too. You could buy the Mac, assuming you don't want to wait, and purchase upgrades later. This may save you money, too. This is the route I took. I couldn't wait for my 13" MBP :D

Good luck,

Habitus :apple:

8. dankybear macrumors regular

my apple store has one on display... so they must have one in stock right?1

9. Kupoback macrumors member

Check the specs. I just bought mine from the Apple Store, and the only one they had on display, and only type period in store, was the matte 2.8GHz

10. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

If you just want a matte display then there may be some of them in the store..

i doubt they'll upgrade anything else in the store...if you are staying long enough(2-3 weeks) then order in store or online after reaching there...

if you really want to make sure then call the store you'll be buying from ...

11. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

13. psingh01 macrumors 65816

They'll just sell you whatever models they have in stock which are usually just the stock models (some with antiglare screen). Just go to the store and see what they have.