Question about purchasing VMWare Fusion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by onlythecat, Nov 5, 2007.

1. onlythecat macrumors newbie

Hi! I want to purchase VMWare Fusion, but I can't figure something from the site. It appears that they sell the download and the download + box for the same price. Is this correct? I assume that "ESD with Retail Packaging including Getting Started Guide" means that I can download it and they will also ship the box, right?

Also, I noticed that Newegg sells VMWare Fusion much cheaper but as box only. If I bought it from Newegg and downloaded the free trial would I just have to enter to code from the box or would I have to reinstall the whole thing?

I know this would be better asked to the VMWare support, but their "Contact Us" page seems aimed as business, not individuals.

Thanks for your help!

2. nospamboz macrumors regular

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You need to add delivery to the boxed version. There should be no issue with buying a boxed version elsewhere, it should still use the same code system.

4. onlythecat thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I am downloading the trial now. I hope that I will be able to just put in the serial number from the box when I get it.

5. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

that will work just fine