Question about Refurb 13"MBP from Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wicked1, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok so thinking of getting my son a 13" MBP i5 2.3 Refurb from Apple but what version of OS does it come with. When you look at the details in the refurb section it states it comes with X for an OS, but does that mean you either get SL or Lion? I want to get him one with SL.

If I get a i5 2.3 can I install SL since it supports that model even if it comes with Lion?

The older 2010 model state they come with SL

2. jsolares macrumors 6502a

It's really down to luck it seems, you would need to get the SL disc that came with those machines since the retail one wont work (or use another mac to install SL retail using target disk then update it to the latest)

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I can tell you that the 15" I received this morning (also a refurb) had Lion on it. But it probably depends on when the specific one you get was made and went through the refurb process.

4. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

The refurb 13i7 I got a couple of weeks ago had Lion and the current keyboard layout (Launchpad, Mission Control labels) in the F key area

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Luck of the draw. I got my 2 month old MBP 2011 brand new with SL on it with disks. As you can see, people are getting their machines later with lion, AND earlier with lion.

You can always download Lion and make a boot disk though.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

got mine on Thursday

15" 2.0 Quad Core, came with Lion