Question about Refurbished iPhone at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Nov 10, 2011.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

So what exactly does a refurbished iPhone entail when you get one from the Apple store?

Does Apple replace all external wear and tear components like front screen, back glass and home button?

How about battery? Does the refurbished iPhone come with a brand new battery in it?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes

Also, if the refurbished unit was originally sent in because of a bad camera, then Apple replaces the camera as well. Same applies if it had a bad speaker, LED light, doc connector etc...

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If your iphone fails to work such as cpu failed to work, home button failed to work, volume, silent/ringer switch, power button (any hardware failure), will entail you a replacement unit at the apple store. It's free if it's within 1 year. If after 1 year, it is up to them. I hear some stories that they have gotten their replaced for free, even tho they were OOW.

I prefer calling it a replacement unit because if I say refurbish then some people will go haywire :eek: saying they don't want a refurb unit when they bought their unit brand new.

Yes the replacement will have brand new outside aesthetic (I've had many replacement for my iphone 4 and non of them had any scratches). Yes the battery will be brand new. However Apple will use used cpu's and rams (if they pass the test, if they don't, then those get thrown out).

4. Themaeds macrumors regular

A case can be made that Refurbs are sometimes even better because of the QC they receive. They are checked very well before being shipped off to the customer. I heard that most of the refurbs that are sent back are just customers returning devices that they didnt want. No manufacturing defects or anything, just a regular return. I wonder if thats true