Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Will it work to get a refund or must I accept the product, call Apple support and return the product that way?

Thanks.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The quickest way is to accept it, then return it. I think if you refuse the delivery, it will take three times, then the carrier sends it back and you must go through a process to get your money back.

wesker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
The quickest way is to accept it, then return it. I think if you refuse the delivery, it will take three times, then the carrier sends it back and you must go through a process to get your money back.

Thanks, maflynn! I accept it and proceed with getting a RMA then.

brent1977

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
I did a bunch of digging and wasn't able to find help on this issue either when my AT&T 6 preorder shipped long after I canceled. Know it's AT&T rather than Apple, but...

I had UPS hold it at the local branch and went in and told them it needed to be returned/refused. It was delivered back to AT&T a couple days later, and my eligibility was reinstated the same day it was delivered.

My returns to Apple through their normal process have usually been pretty quick and painless, though.

Again, AT&T rather than Apple, but just sharing UPS "refuse delivery" experience...

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK

I decided to cancel an iPad order last year before delivery, and phoned Apple to ask what to do, and was told to refuse delivery!

So take your pick!

wesker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
OK - got off the phone with Apple.

They said accepting delivery and getting a RMA will be faster. However, if I am unable to return back as there is no depot in my area refusing delivery will achieve the same result but take longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.