Question about Remote App...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by akrocker29, Jul 28, 2010.

1. akrocker29 macrumors member

akrocker29

I have the Remote App on my iPod Touch. I don't use it that often, but I often DJ at school dances. The only thing that's no fun about that is sitting at the computer instead of being out on the dancefloor. I want to be able to control my computer from my iPod Touch, but the school Wi-Fi has security and won't let me. Is there a way to fix this/go around the security?

2. Bradbitz11 macrumors newbie

If you're on a Mac, it's as simple as creating a network from the airport menu. Once that's up, connect to the network from your iDevice and it ought to work perfectly.

3. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

If the school's wireless is locked, then you can't get around it without getting their permission to use it (which is usually unlikely).

If you're on a PC, chances are you are out of luck if you can't get onto your school's wireless. But if you have a Mac, you'll love the feature Bradbitz described. I love that my Mac is also a wireless router :)

Perhaps, in the future, Apple may add bluetooth as an option for controlling the library.

4. akrocker29 thread starter macrumors member

akrocker29

Yeah, I have a PC. So I guess I'm just outta luck. Thanks though.

5. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

You can also try genius playlists, DJ mode, etc. They all work very nice. That's what I used when I hosted a family get-together at my place.

6. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

theres an app called iproxy which is supposed to bipass stuff like that, its 3 dollars but has a bad rating so you can try it if you want

7. akrocker29 thread starter macrumors member

akrocker29

Yeah, I know about this stuff. I want to use the remote if people don't like the song, or to turn the volume up/down. Or if someone requests a song, viola, it plays. The playlist is already preset to school standards.