Question about repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rhcpcjg, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Rhcpcjg macrumors regular

Yesterday I dropped off my 15" rMBP mid 2014 at the Apple Store to get a screen replacement due to dead pixels. I forgot to ask if they were gonna do the repair in the store or they were going to ship it to a repair facility. I was given a work authorization form and it says "we will call you in 3-5 days" . Is there a way to find out if the repair will be done in the store or they will ship the computer out to be repaired?

Thanks.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

So long as the repair is done in the quoted time, I'm not sure why it matters at all? Perhaps there's something I'm not seeing?

Either way you could always ring them and ask, they're more likely to know than strangers on the internet.

3. Rhcpcjg thread starter macrumors regular

Reason I'm asking is because maybe a stranger on the Internet has had a past experience where they dropped off their computer and were told to wait 3-5 days but since the repair was done at the store it took 1 day perhaps. I just wanna know about "strangers on the Internet" past experiences when dropping off a computer for repair.

Yes, I will call them but stores are closed so it'll be tomorrow.

Thanks

4. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Replacing the screen is comparatively straight forward. Mine was done in store.