Question about repairs under applecare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by budge9, Jul 26, 2009.

1. budge9 macrumors member

Hey.

I have a macbook which is coming up to three years old so just still under applecare.

However there are a few things wrong with it which I obviously would like to get sorted whilst it is still covered, although I'm not sure if all of them will actually be covered.

• The casing has started splitting and cracking.
    • A few keys on the keyboards are loose and needing replacement.
    • The headphone port is not working properly anymore.
    • The macbook gets very hot extremely quickly and the fan now makes a loud whirling noise.
    • The clicker by the trackpad has stropped working.
    • There is a small scratch on the screen, which as it was done by me I assume won't be covered under applecare.

I've got it booked in to take to the genius bar at Regent Street next week to try and get them sorted. Does anybody have any idea how long it will take them to fix these problems (I assume that they will have to send it away)??

Thanks a million!

2. Shasterball macrumors 6502a

Shasterball

It depends on the customer traffic and, if you need parts, whether they are in stock or not. I had my entire display replaced because of bruising and a new fan put in because it was rattling -- took 2 days at one of the NYC stores.

3. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

The cracks may or may not be covered. They will replace the entire top case witch includes the keyboard and mouse. That can be done in store and will take about 20 minutes if they are not busy. With the bad head phone jack they will probably replace the logicboard. They will probably send it off to repair that if they have the part it should take about 3 days. The heating issue I dont know it could be as simple as dust in the fan that needs to be cleaned or a bad fan that should not take to long.

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

It really depends on parts availability and the amount of repairs they have at the time in your area...good luck with your repairs.