question about replacement of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arnezie, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok so since launch I have been having issues with connectivity of my iPhone , having to shut it down and restart it to get it running correctly. So since I live a good distance from the closest apple store I called Apple and explained the situation to them. They then agreed to Fedex me a replacement device with just a $707.41 hold on my credit card until original device is received back to Apple. Problem solved , ,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, Well at least until my partner at work dropped my iPhone on the ground today. It has a very small crack in the screen at the top. What do I do call Apple and explain it to them? Wait until Monday and when my replacement device arrives send the cracked phone back like normal and hope for the best? Will they even care because there going to discard the screen and body of the phone and refurb it anyways?

2. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Call them back and explain the situation.

I think you might be sol though

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There's a price when it comes to replacing user damaged device. Tell them and they'll let you know what it is.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Is this small crack a single hairline crack? If so, that's a qualifying defect that is replaceable under warranty (regardless of the cause). If it's more than a single hairline crack (e.g., spiderweb or multiple cracks), no dice and you should give them a call before you dig yourself a bigger hole.

5. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Its one small crack only noticeable at right angle, on the top from above the speaker to the side.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

As long as it's a single crack, you're covered.

7. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

SWEET!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the reply