question about replacing old iphone for new iphone 3G on AT&T network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by p01ntbLanK, Aug 8, 2008.

1. p01ntbLanK macrumors newbie

I have the old 8GB version iPhone and I plan on selling it if and only if I can get the new iPhone 3G for $199/299 (for the 8GB and 16GB respectively) as originally advertised. My question to you all is, will I qualify for the 199/299 price? I purchased my old iPhone last December. I signed into my account on the AT&T site and under upgrade phone, it says the following:

This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment.

What I understand from this is that I CAN get the iPhone 3G for 199/299 if I extend my contract for another 2 years. Is this correct? Can someone please confirm this.

Thank you!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the best thing you can do is call up at&t and ask if you're eligible for the upgrade pricing, which you should be since you're a current iphone subscriber.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My son bought his in December as well, and he's got the new 3G Black 16GB. Just call them and explain that you bought it in December '07, you shouldn't have a problem. Dial 611 for AT&T on you current iPhone.

4. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

If you had a 1st gen iPhone you are upgrade eligible no matter what.